Monday, February 16, 2009

Time with Elder Bednar

Then I had two great nights of Elder Bednar, where we learned that in the church we like to teach that there were two plans Christ and Satan, but this is wrong, there is one plan Heavenly Fathers and we had two choices and then he went on to explain to us more about agency and really we don't have agency once we make covenants. It's like going to BYU-I and keeping the honor code you sign away your right to choose, but convenants bless us and make us happy, so really people don't have their free agency, it was awesome, he's like you do you think you have a choice on whether you pay your tithing or not-YOUR WRONG-you have to pay your tithing. He's awesome it's interesting hearing it translated, because if you miss it once you get a second chance to hear it again, but it takes a lot longer. Apostles are amazing they have such a way of teaching like he talked all about covenants to be like you need to pay your tithing, and he applied the Atonement on member missionary work--that if you don't open your mouth and share the goodness of the Gospel with your friends and neighbors then you're not really converted. He shared a story about his son, and how when he was little he scrapped himself but they let him and the older brother take care of it, the older brother cleaned his scrape with soap and water and it burned the younger one and he cried then he put ointment and band-aides all up and down his arm, but he said was the funny thing was afterwards when he was healed and felt better he went and took the bandaides and ointment and put it on all his friends to make them feel better and happy, he applied that to the Atonement and sharing the Gospel, the sad thing is I have crappy eye sight--I gave up my seat in the choir--and couldn't really see him, and I never got to shake his hand, stinking Elders-it was all very good and an enjoyable weekend as we got to be with more members from the stake and I saw some of the members from GuimarĂ£es ^^ like Domingos and another convert family invited us for sandwitches-Berta and Marlene-I don't know if I talked about them but I. Svedin and E. Mortensen were there so it was like old times. We are so blessed to have apostles and prophets in our days they have the keys of the priesthood and they recieve revelation for us-so you heed the council of your stake presidents and bishops.

No comments: