Monday, January 26, 2009

A Neat Experience

Wow I’m completely out of it today so this won’t be very long, sorry.A neat experience was yesterday we finally got the Elders to come with us in the jail, to meet our investigator Pedro Miguel-his mom is a recent convert and that’s how he found out about the church-he got mixed up with drugs that’s why he’s in there but he’s a really good person. Anywho it was really neat because we’re in this big room with the inmates and their families and everyone is talking at once so it’s noisy and not the best environment for teaching, but we sang Love One Another and then when Elder Johnson was talking and teaching I could feel the spirit bearing witness to what he was saying was true, even though there was all the noise around us, and even when I couldn’t quite hear him I felt the peace of the spirit so it was very good. Afterwards we found out about I. Polito and had a good cry. Also Jessica our 15 year old Brazilian who hates Portugal and wouldn’t leave the house, she’s been playing soccer with us and the Elders and her mom came and was crying because Jessica has been a lot happier and she’s been reading and praying and she’s changing so that was awesome to hear about. All the Elders are staying which I’m glad about, a complete American district; this will be a first for me.

No comments: