Monday, January 19, 2009

Helping out the Elders

I really have great Elders here in Coimbra so I am blessed, they have a lot of single women investigators so this whole last week was basically tagging along with them. Elder Johnson I is a great Elder and leader he’s helped me a lot I heard from him that you’ve already talked with his mom, he’s funny he reminds me of Travis, I always like people that remind me of my siblings. Just being able to teach the Restoration to people is so wonderful and the spirit that bears witness that what Joseph saw is in fact real that it really happened and I LOVE history and just how it fits together so perfectly-why things had to happen, what caused things to happen, why we have what we do now because of a loving Heavenly Father it’s so true, that’s all there is to say. The sad thing was though that we didn’t get to really any of our own investigators this past week, they keep cancelling which is making it so hard for me to get to know them, that’s the thing that stinks. We did teach our investigator marked for baptism about the law of chastity, that’s always a fun lesson to give, we’re not sure about if he’s keeping it or not, but he’s really a good and humble person that has a desire to follow and learn about Christ. So the scripture in 1 Nephi chapter 11 I think it is verse 17, Nephi says I don’t know the meaning of all things but I know that God loves His children or something like that, I have a stronger testimony of that, we taught a young couple with the Elders and they have a cute little daughter but she gave us her freshly baked cake after we left it was so good, and they were so kind and they so need the Gospel in their lives.

No comments: