Saturday, December 6, 2008
What an Experience!
The best experience of the whole week had to be last night. We got a ride from one of the members Irmã Alberta, she’s the one that is the girlfriend of Domingos, anywho she was going to drop us off at an investigators house, Christina, the Romanian. Well she gets out of the car when we get there (she’s a little fire cracker of a woman, not afraid to speak her mind) Anywho my comp was freaking out but I was like just have faith, honestly I’m learning so much to just put it in the Lords hands, and not worry. Well we’ve had it tough with her because her family has no money and sick people back in Romania and they can’t get a job and the list goes on and on. So when we would call and he found out that we can’t give him money and our friend could (our mission pres) he would hang up and tell us she wasn’t there. So I. Alberta goes in there and bam all of a sudden is like “Vocês têm fé!” Do you have faith, Do you believe, then she’s all you need to pray and obey the commandments (there’s no way I can give this justice) Then she went on to teach and promise and was like I have no money but I will buy you a bus ticket. Then she got on the mom and was like you need to obey the word of wisdom and on she’s like do you love your children, and then you will stop smoking and on. No not always the best way to go about it, but in this situation it was needed. The part that made me the happiest was Domingos, he was teaching them about prayer and the word of wisdom ^^ yay for my recent convert, he’s getting it.I hope everyone is doing well, and keeping the faith, what a word, it’s amazing the depth of the Gospel, and it’s so true. I honestly urge you all too yes read The Book of Mormon, and read Jesus the Christ, such a rad book. I’m excited for this time of year to focus more on Christ. What better thing to be doing then constantly testifying of him. I love you all so much, have a great week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment